An American documentary photographer based in China’s Guangxi Province, Michael’s work has been featured in magazines, newspapers and websites around the world, including The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Atlantic, The Smithsonian, CNN and The BBC. He is a Senior Contributing Editor at Artphotofeature Magazine, currently serves on the faculty of The Guangxi Arts Institute and is a special contributor for McClatchey News.
Represented by ChinaScenic, Michael has had solo exhibitions in Beijing, San Francisco, Shanghai, Liuzhou and Cincinnati. He is a member of The National Press Photographers Association, The China Photographers Association and The Royal Photographic Society.
- 2009 Pingyao International Photography Competition - Special Jury Award - "China Nights”.
- 2010 Golden Silk Ball Award - Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region
- 14th China International Photographic Art Exhibition - Silver Medal - “Moments of Happiness”.
- 2013 Pingyao International Photography Competition - Exhibitor - "Life in Photography”.
- 15th China International Photographic Art Exhibition - Bronze Medal - “Searching for Ms. Luo”.